Family Outing Ep.47 - Guest Son Dam Bi (1/8) 090510
Son Dam Bi (born September 25, 1983) is a South Korean singer, model and actress.
Son Dambi previously appeared in music videos for Paran and MYV, along with many advertisements. She first came to fame when she appeared in a commercial for an MP3 player alongside Poppin' Hyun Joon. Before her debut, MSN Japan had a video documentary made, capturing her pre-debut training and rehearsals; it attracted 480,000 visitors in 5 days. Son Dambi's name means Crystal Queen.
Her debut single "Cry Eye" was produced and composed by Jang Joon Ho, who previously wrote MC Mong's "180 Degrees" and Jang Woo Hyuk's "Last Game". The lyrics were provided by Brian Kim.
After training in the United States after "Cry Eye", Son Dam Bi returned to Korea and released a mini album, Son Dambi Mini Album Vol.1, with a focus on electronica (departing from her previous style of crunk pop) on April 29, 2008. The lead title was "Bad Boy", produced by Brave Brothers. Son was the first artist outside of YG Entertainment that had his/her album produced by this team.
In September 2008, she returned with the single "미쳤어" ("Crazy"). The song featured a "chair dance" that has become popular with the Korean public; it has since been upgraded to a "sofa dance". The dance has been copied and parodied by many people, including Hyun Young,, "Infinite Challenge" comedy team member Noh Hong-cheol, comedienne Shin Bong-sun, and Lee Soo Young.
Son Dam Bi joined MBC's reality show 우리 결혼했어요 ("We Got Married"), being paired with Marco. Joining the show in late 2008 as part of the second group of couples, their last episode was on February 2, 2009.
It was also announced that Son would be part of the cast for Hype Nation, a film that has been labelled a "world movie". However, as the movie was delayed, Son released a mini-album with the single "Toyoil Bamae" ("토요일 밤에", "On Saturday Night"). The song became her first #1 hit, topping various on- and offline charts, including M! Countdown (within 20 days), two wins on KBS's Music Bank, a 3-week chart-topping run on SBS's Inki Gayo. The song's routine features Son in various 80s fashions, transforming her into a "retro fashionista".
She currently stars in SBS drama Dream with Ju Jin Mo and Kim Bum. It is her debut as an actress.
Her's Music Videos
- Cry Eye
- Bad Boy
- Change The World
- 안녕 나의 사랑
- 미쳤어 feat. Eric
- 토요일밤에 (On A Saturday Night)
- Amoled (아몰레드) feat. After School
- ^ 손담비 "의자춤 인기 모으는 것 기분 좋아" Son Dam Bi: "Chair Dance's Popularity Pleases Me" . Hankyung.com. December 11, 2008. Retrieved December 12, 2008.
- ^ "현담비` 현영, 손담비 `미쳤어` 섹시팝핀 완벽 소화 ("Hyun Dam Bi" Hyun Young, displays Son Dam Bi's "Crazy" Sexy Popping)" (in Korean). Newsen/Joongang Daily. 2008-12-8. http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2008121191447&sid=0107&nid=007<ype=1. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- ^ Yoon, Hyun-jin. 손담비 ‘의자춤’ 열풍 왜? “모두 미쳤어~내게 미쳤어~” (Son Dam Bi's "Chair Dance" is Hot, but Why? "Everyone's Crazy, I'm Crazy"). Newsen/Joongang Daily. December 8, 2008. Retrieved December 12, 2008.
- ^ 손담비 주연 영화 '하이프네이션' 총괄 프로듀서 영 리, "한국이 대세"(Son Dam Bi's Film Hype Nation Summary: Producer Young Rhee, "Korea is Influential"). Asia Nation. February 6, 2009. Retrieved February 10, 2009.
- ^ (Korean) Park, Jae-deok. 손담비 측 "드라마 주연? 물망에 오른 것 뿐" (Son Dam Bi Side "Drama Project? Just Prospective Possibilities"). JoyNews. May 8, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- ^ (Korean) Jeong, Kyeong-hui. 손담비, 앨범 출시 20여일만에 각종 차트 석권 (Son Dam Bi, Tops Various Charts Within 20 Days). SportsChosun.com. April 23, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- ^ (Korean) Ko, Jae-wan. 손담비 '토요일밤에', 3주 연속 '뮤티즌송' (Son Dam Bi "On Saturday Night", "Mutizen Song" 3 Weeks in a Row). Asia Economy. May 3, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- ^ (Korean) Song, Yun-se. 손담비, 80년대 복고풍 패셔니스타 눈길 (Son Dam Bi, 80s Retro Fashionista Look). Joins.com/Newsen. April 16, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.